Vegan ginger cookies
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons hot water)
- 1/2 cup refined cane sugar, plus 1/4 cup for rolling
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1 cup whole wheat flour and 3/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons fancy table molasses
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray lightly with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, prepare flax egg and let set for 5 minutes.
Combine sugar, baking soda, salt, wheat germ and coconut oil in a mixing bowl or food processor.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir/process thoroughly.
Place 1/4 sugar in a small bowl. Begin rolling the dough into balls (about ½ inch in diameter) and coat with sugar. Place onto baking sheet.
Baker’s note: Do this with your hands! It gets messy, but it leaves your skin feeling super soft.
When the sheet is full, press each cookie with a fork to flatten.
Bake for 11-13 minutes and enjoy!