- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup broccoli cut into florets
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup corn (fresh, canned or frozen)
- 1 package Yves original veggie ground round
- 1 250mL can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 250ml can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 500mL can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Add onion to a large, oiled saucepan and cook until transparent.
Add red pepper and broccoli and cook for five more minutes. Then add mushrooms and corn.
Add Yves meat and chop with wooden spoon until fine. Incorporate spices.
Add beans, stewed tomatoes, broth and tomato paste.
Bring to a boil, stirring regularly to prevent the bottom from burning.
Turn burner to low and simmer for 45 minutes until veggies are completely soft.
Chef's note: Top with avocado for your daily dose of healthy fats, or sprinkle with nutritional yeast for a boost of B12.