How to make pumpkin purée
Do your part for the environment this season by making your own pumpkin purée! Less wasted cans, more vital nutrients!
What you'll need:
- 1 pumpkin or more, depending on how much purée you want to make!
- An oven
- A sharp knife
- A baking sheet
- Coconut oil (any oil will suffice)
- A food processor
1. Preheat the oven to 400⁰F.
2. Cut the pumpkin in half using a sharp knife from stem to base.
3. Remove the stem (optional).
4. Remove the seeds and fibrous flesh using your hand or a spoon and set aside.
5. Place the halves with the shell side up on baking sheet sprayed with coconut oil.
6. Roast for 45 minutes, or until tender.
7. Let cool, and then scoop the flesh out of the shell.
8. Blend in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
Now what? Check out our blog on 50 different ways to use pumpkins!