50 simple ways to improve your relationship
Whether you're young, old, gay, straight, married with children or just starting out, here’s 50 things you can do to make the honeymoon phase last forever:
1. Go to bed at the same time.
2. Give each other the benefit of the doubt.
3. Say thank you – even for the silly things.
4. Compliment each other every day.
5. Buy each other random presents every now and then.
6. Talk about how you met.
7. Cook together.
8. Make compromises.
9. Tidy up each other’s messes.
10. Hug each other when you say goodbye.
11. Hug each other when you say hello.
12. Be okay with a little PDA.
13. Never lie. Not even the white kind.
14. Makes plans for the future.
15. Forgive easily.
16. Say “I love you” (all three words), at least once a day.
17. Make time for kissing… pecks don’t count.
18. Engage in pillow talk.
19. Say you’re sorry.
21. Respect each other’s privacy.
22. Check in, just to say hi, at least once throughout the day.
23. Laugh at each other’s jokes, no matter how ridiculous.
24. Say goodnight (nicely) before you fall asleep, no matter what mood you’re in.
25. Pick your battles.
26. Go on cute dates.
27. Talk about your day.
28. Don’t bring up past mistakes.
29. Run errands together.
30. Cherish inside jokes.
31. Don’t be a sore loser.
32. Offer to make dinner.
33. Be supportive… even if you’re not.
34. Admit when you’re wrong.
35. Be proud of each other and show it.
36. Travel together.
37. Tolerate each other’s annoying habits.
38. Don’t poop in front of each other.
39. Challenge each other.
40. Be responsible with money.
41. Don’t be a slob.
42. Brag about each other.
43. Don’t swear at each other, no matter how mad you are.
44. Never say mean things about each other’s family.
45. Never say mean things about each other’s friends.
46. Don’t be late.
47. Don’t keep secrets.
48. Don’t be overly disgusting.
49. Don’t nag or nitpick.
50. Have sex.